Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Holy Temper, Batman

My sweet Emmi.  Where did you go?  Never in a million years would I have expected the insane amount of screaming and tantruming this child does at such a young age.  If she doesn't get her way, she gets mad.  And not just a little mad.  I'm talking screaming so loud and so fiercely that you seriously think your ear drums may burst.  Then there are the attempts to hit or pull hair...she has ended up with fistfulls of every female in the house.  And if reprimanded, sternly told "no" and removed from the situation, she doesn't waste any time throwing herself onto her belly and crying.  Yeah, I never, never would've predicted this!  She's been such an easy going, laid back, go with the flow baby.  So this all surprises me!!

The twins handle her well though.  When she ends up with a fistfull of hair, they don't freak out on her and push her away.  They just holler for me so I can release their hair from her tiny fingers.  They share with her as much as possible.  Obviously, being almost 5 years old, they play with things that Emmi simply cannot have.  So then we all just deal with the screaming fit for a couple minutes before she forgets what all the fuss is about!!

She still is a tender little girl though, don't get me wrong.  It's just those few times throughout the day when she gets mad...she definitely gets really mad.  Otherwise, she still likes sharing.  Whether trying to feed me, the girls or the cats, or giving a toy back to her sisters, or giving me my phone when she sees it on the floor.  She is still SUCH a joy.  And loveable and a cuddlebug, etc.  She's just expressing a side that I didn't fully expect!

No comments: