Monday, November 5, 2012

3 months

This little sweetie pie was 3 months old yesterday



Time just keeps truckin' along and there's no stopping it.  Three months already.  Emmi is such a sweet little baby.  She has such a laid back temperament.  Just a few days ago, one of my friends wrote on Facebook something to the effect of whether it's a blessing or a curse to know when your baby's cranky time is.  Prior to her asking that, I pretty much forgot that babies even have fussy times...let alone predictable ones.  Emmi is rarely fussy.  Like rarely, rarely.  Elli was the exact same way.  On the other hand, the twins, well, I knew exactly what my friend was talking about.  I dreaded 6pm...all hell would break loose.

So yes. Miss Emilia is a pretty calm, good natured baby.  She doesn't sleep worth a darn.  I'm still up about five times with her at night.  And she catnaps during the day.  Her naps usually last 10-15 minutes...a full half hour if we're lucky.  But again, you would never know that she doesn't get enough sleep because she's always so content and happy!!

The twins' latest thing is to kiss Emmi every night before bed.  When it comes time for hugs and kisses, they always ask if they can give Emmi a kiss as well.  So they both take their turn giving her a little kiss on the top of her head and then they very gently place their little cheeks against hers.  It makes this mommy so happy that they love their baby sister as much as they do.  They are so sweet to her.

Lastly, Emmi starts daycare tomorrow.  I think I was in utter denial that it was happening because I hadn't touched her admission paperwork until late this afternoon.  But I finally got it done.  I actually texted one of my friends earlier today saying that daycare is going to hate me for handing them this catnapping, snacking (she only likes to take 1-2oz at a time) baby.  But hopefully we'll get bonus points because she doesn't cry!!

No comments: