Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween Fun

Trick or Treating at Festival Foods over the weekend.

We told them to hug...the bee put the duck in a choke hold.

By far the easiest one to take pictures of!!!  What a sweet pumpkin...


 
Halloween morning and the only picture of all three.
 
I still want to get the girls back in their costumes to get a picture of the three of them together.  But I'm not getting my hopes up.  We'll see.  If I have any success, I'll post the picture.

The big girls had a blast.  They started their day with a Halloween party at daycare where they had treats and got to wear their costumes.  When I picked them up, they told me all about the costumes their friends had.  When we got home, we immediately changed into their own costumes and went Trick or Treating in our neighborhood.  Livi shocked us and even went straight up to the doors where there were "scary" things outside.  In fact, at one house, the man handing out the candy saw that Addi was too afraid to go up the driveway, so he gave Livi some extra candy and asked her to give it to her sister...which Livi so graciously did.  There used to be a day when she was afraid of anything that rolled!  If it was larger than a soccer ball, then you can bet she was afraid of it.  Meanwhile, Addi used to not be afraid of anything.  Not one single thing.  Boy they keep switching things up on us!!

Anyway.  We only went to about 20 houses.  We were willing to go as long as the girls wanted to go.  But they got a little tired walking around the neighborhood (it didn't help that they didn't sleep well at all the night before) and they got a little cold. 

When we were home, the doorbell rang even though we didn't have our light on.  When we told the girls we weren't going to answer the door because we didn't have any candy, Addi immediately jumped up from the kitchen table (we were eating supper) and said "yes we do, I'll just give them some of my candy!!"  Awww. 

Did I mention I'm a working woman again?  I started back to work this week!  What a bummer.  October 30th was my first day.  Mixed feelings on that...but overall, work is good for me.

No comments: