Tuesday, September 4, 2012

One month old already

Where is the time going?  I simply cannot believe that Emilia is a month old today!  I could definitely use a pause button...or at least a slow motion button.  I feel like we're running in fast forward.  And I don't like it!!

She's doing well.  She's not the best of sleepers, but we've never had a good sleeper.  So I'm pretty gosh darn used to this!  Although she's doing better than she was just a week or so ago.  I can deal with her waking up 4-6 times a night.  What I was having a hard time with were the noises she was making at night.  Now I know that babies moan and grunt in their sleep.  But I've never known a baby to make as much noise as she did!!  She would grunt and groan insanely loud for HOURS!! 

There was a night sometime last week where she did it for 3 1/2 hours straight - from about 2:00-5:30am.  And she was asleep the entire time!!  It was something I was hoping and praying she would outgrow, and knock on wood, but she's been pretty quiet the past few nights.  Still up at least four times...and like I said, I can handle that...just please be quiet in between the wakeups!!

She just started coo-ing a bit in the past couple of days.  She doesn't do it a lot, but when she does, it's so stinking cute!!  And anytime the big girls hear her do it they have to tell me "mommy, Emmi is talking!"

Sporting her "sock-shoes" as the girls call them.

Working hard at this tummy time stuff.

She was moving so fast (hence the blurriness) and playing with her tongue.

Do you think she saw a ghost?

One month old with her bunny.
 


No comments: