Monday, May 23, 2011

The story of the mismatched kids

This is just a short little story.  I have a lot going on right now and not much time to blog.

So yeah.  My kids.  And socks.  And their refusal to wear white socks.  Or their refusal to let me guide them in what colored socks they should wear.  Leads to many, many days looking like whoever dressed them was colorblind.

Sometimes I'm able to convince them to wear the socks that I pick out for them.  But it usually takes a lot of bribing and sweet talking.  And on daycare days, I simply don't have the time to do that while I'm trying to get myself ready as well as get 3 kids dressed, fed, teeth brushed, hair combed and out the door on time.  So it's not unheard of for them to attend daycare with purple shirts and blue socks.  Or pink shirts and orange socks.  Or polka dot shirts with striped socks.  Or red shirts and green socks (who says Christmas is in December?).

Anyway.  I pick my battles.  And quite frankly, that's a battle that I'm simply not willing to fight.  It's just socks.  I'm sure daycare will forgive me.

1 comment:

Katie G. said...

Maybe you should try some reverse psychology with them? "You can NOT wear these white socks today." Hehehe!!