Monday, May 16, 2011

Randoms

I have so many stories to tell as the days go by, but by the time I actually get to sit down to write about them, I pretty much forget all of them.  Maybe a side effect of sleep deprivation?  Or maybe just a result of getting older?  Who knows.  But my memory really isn't what it used to be.

Addi:  Well, she has now had her second tick in her short 2 1/2 years of life.  I haven't had a single tick in 29 years.  So they're definitely attracted to her.  Unfortunately, the head of this second one is still buried in her scalp.  She was talking to grandma on the phone and I was rubbing the back of her head...wouldn't ya know it, I felt a lump.  Looked to see what it was and sure enough, that little bugger was really embedded in there.  I grabbed it at the base with a tweezers, but the head still broke off.  Triage told us to give it a day to see if it works itself out.  I tell you, if it's going to happen to one of my kids, it's going to be her.  Did I ever tell you about Addi swallowing a penny?  I didn't?  Yeah, that was another experience!!

Livi:  She is so sweet.  She really is a little caretaker.  She continues to load up Elli's lap with toys and brings Elli a nuk.  She also kisses Addi's "boo-boos".  She's just such a nurturing little child.  Not to say that she doesn't have her wild side or her cranky side for that matter.  She can throw a tantrum with the best of them!  But when she's sweet, she's really, really sweet.  In other news, each of the girls went through a phase where we couldn't read to them enough.  That was back when they were right around 14 months I think.  We're now back to that with Livi.  She wants to read all the time.  I love it!!  She's also such a polite little girl.  "Thank you, mama (or daddy or grandma)" is one of her favorite phrases.  She's just sweet I tell ya.

Elli:  She thinks that our cat Desi is the most awesome thing on the face of this planet.  If Desi crosses her line of vision, she squeals, she screams, she laughs, she smiles, her eyes light up.  She loves that cat.  Desi doesn't share the same sentiment though.  Elli tends to pull hair if Desi gets too close, so she just keeps her distance now.  And it drives Elli bananas!!  She wants to get at that kitty so bad!!!  If only she could crawl.  But she is making some pretty good strides at crawling.  I thought for a while there that she was going to skip it and just head straight to walking.  But now I think she'll probably be crawling within the next month. She's up on all fours just rocking away and she'll put one hand in front of the other, but then she forgets to move her knees.  She'll get there.

No comments: