Tuesday, August 17, 2010

3rd and final pregnant survey

How far along? over 34 weeks!

Total weight gain/loss: More than I had hoped!  I'm up about 26 pounds.  I only gained 33 with the girls, so I was hoping to maybe only gain about 25 by the end of this pregnancy.  However, I love my sweets much more during this pregnancy than I did with the last.  And the fact that my girls are terrible eaters hasn't helped one bit.  I'm one of those people who has a hard time throwing things away.  So if my girls don't eat it, guess who does?!  Half a sandwich here, a piece of pizza there, some scrambled eggs that weren't even touched, etc.  It all adds up.  Oops.

Maternity clothes? Uhhhh...yeah.

Stretch marks? No new ones that I've been able to identify.  Not that I'm really looking or would really even be able to tell anyway.

Sleep: Still on the couch most nights.  But otherwise, sleep in general is really lacking.  If baby is not moving, he's got the hiccups.  I tried to go to bed at 9pm last night and finally got to sleep at 11:30pm.  And of course up just an hour later to go to the bathroom.

Best moment this week:  The girls kissing my belly.  I don't think they really understand what's going on, but I think they definitely know that this big old protruding belly is not normal for mommy!!

Movement: This baby continues to be very, very active.  In fact, I've concluded that the baby still has major movements when he's sleeping.  It's almost around the clock that there's some tapping or bouncing going on.

Food cravings:  Okay, so I'll admit it.  I'm a Jelly Belly addict.  I hide them and I don't tell the full truth about my consumption of them.  I'm plain old addicted.

Gender: Still a surprise!!!

Labor Signs: Contractions are picking up a bit.  Most continue to be relatively painless.  But I think my body is gearing up.

Belly Button in or out? Does half and half count?  Depending on baby's movement, he can push it out for a bit.

What I miss:  Sleep.  Foods that taste normal.  Sleep.  Not having back pain.  Did I mention sleep?

What I'm looking forward to: I'm finally getting excited to meet this baby.  Not that I wasn't excited to meet this baby before.  But it was too early to meet him.  I mean, it's still a bit early, but we're really close to the end!  So knowing that we're approaching the "safe" time to have him, the excitement is starting to build!

Weekly Wisdom: Pregnant brain (and probably a whole lot of sleep deprivation!) have struck in full force once again, and therefore, I have no wisdom...again.

Milestones: Now that I'm over 34 weeks, I can deliver in our local hospital.

Me at exactly 34 weeks.

And just for comparison's sake.  34 weeks with the girls.  So even though I feel huge, I am MUCH smaller than I was at this point last time.  Heck, I was falling out of my shirt!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The difference in size is indeed VERY noticeable! But you do not look even a single day older ... how do you account for that??

--dhsh/mfld

Jess said...

Well thanks so much! Maybe the fact that I really haven't seen the sun in over two years has helped my aging process!! :-)