Sunday, August 22, 2010

35 weeks

I'm 35 weeks today.  I had another OB appointment a couple days ago.  I passed inspection right away.  However, the baby didn't.  When Dr L listened to him with the doppler, his heartrate was beating far too fast at about 185bpm.  It's supposed to be under 160.  Dr L just said that sometimes she catches the baby right after he was moving around for a bit and that that would account for the increased pace.  Immediately after saying that, the baby stuck its little butt high in the air at her...and then continued to move around for the next 5 minutes.  Finally, he started to calm down and his heartrate came down nicely with the slowed movements - right to about the 140s to 150s.  What a stinker!

I'm really trying to enjoy these final weeks of this pregnancy.  But it's been sooo incredibly difficult.  In addition to the back pain, I have pretty bad sciatica running down my right leg.  Yeah, I don't look very attractive as I'm dragging my right leg down the hallway at work.  Sometimes if I pivot the wrong way, my whole leg almost gives out on me and I almost hit the floor.  Dr L actually prescribed some Tylenol #3 which I'm so up in the air about taking.  This baby already gets enough Zantac as is.  I don't really want to be giving him anything else!  She also said that we could talk about/schedule an induction for 39 weeks.  I told her that I really don't want to do that because I would rather this baby just be ready to come on his own, whenever that may be.  The only way I may consider an induction is if the pain gets so bad that I'm unable to move at all or interact with the girls.  If it gets to the point that I'm really struggling to feed them or play with them, then I'll seriously have to think about the induction.

In slightly funnier news, try convincing the lady answering the phone at a Chinese restaurant that you would like an order of chicken and broccoli - without the chicken.  Nate and I ordered Chinese last night.  And when he made the order, the lady on the phone with her little accent replied with "haha, is this a joke?"  Nate told her that his wife is pregnant and right away she said "ahhhhhh.  Well, we have mixed vegetable."  When Nate asked if it was made with the same type of sauce she replied with "we'll make you chicken and broccoli, no chicken."  Apparently it's not a very popular order!  Ha!

No comments: