Sunday, April 25, 2010

Such an exciting time

So I'm definitely, without a doubt, feeling this baby move.  Not only do I feel the little rolls and tumbles inside my belly, but I'm starting to feel them from the outside as well.  I loved this part of my pregnancy with the girls.  The rolls and kicks and jabs were just enough to feel them if I was paying attention, but they weren't so strong to be keeping me up at night!  Hopefully I won't be kept awake as much this time since there's only one baby.

I'm 18 weeks today and the baby should be measuring about 5 1/2 inches (just from crown to rump) and weighing in at a little shy of 7 ounces.  We have our fetal anatomy ultrasound scheduled in 2 1/2 weeks, so we'll get to find out how big the baby is then.  Yay!  I'm so excited!  I'm not used to not seeing the baby all the time.  With the girls, I had an ultrasound at every single appointment.  So I got to see them grow bigger and bigger every couple weeks.  I've only gotten to see this baby once so far, so I'm definitely looking forward to our ultrasound in mid-May.

We're slowly working on converting the guest bedroom into the new nursery.  Since the girls have never been great sleepers, we've decided not to rock the boat by moving them to a new room.  So the girls will stay in the comfort of their own room.  I can just imagine the sleepless nights everyone in the house would have if we chose to move them into the guest bedroom!  No.thank.you.  So anyway, we still have some furniture we need to move downstairs, then we need to repaint the walls (first prime, then repaint).  And then we need to get some baby furniture in the room!  Seems like a lot to do yet.  But I remember panicking at about this time when I was pregnant with the girls, and their room was all set and ready to go by the time I was put on bedrest just 8 weeks later.  So I just need to breathe...it'll all get done!

Now we're off to go get the girls' 18 month pictures taken.  I seriously can't believe they're a year and a half already!  I feel like we just hung their 12 month pictures on the wall.  Time's sure a flyin'!

No comments: