Thursday, April 22, 2010

In my whole life...

I've never had a tick.  And I'm about to be 28 years old in just over a week.  Nate's never had a tick either.  But leave it to our 18 month old daughter to end up with a deer tick on her head!!  We were at Buffalo Wild Wings over the weekend and Adalyn was getting a bit antsy waiting for the food to arrive.  So I was stroking her head when I felt a little lump.  At first I thought it was an Oreo crumb (long story), but when I looked closer, I realized that she had a tick trying to burrow into her head!

We took her outside to get a little bit more light.  Luckily it wasn't really attached yet.  So my cousin Jordan easily removed it and then identified that it was a deer tick.  How strange.  Nate had given them a bath that day before I got home from work and said that he hadn't noticed anything.  Shortly after baths were done, I got home and we loaded the girls up to meet several of my family members at BWW.  So we're not sure if it flew into her hair on our walk into the restaurant or what.  She couldn't have had it very long because like I said, it really wasn't attached to her yet.  Hmmm.

The girls like to stand on their chairs to look outside.

And why sit in the wagon when you can stomp on it?

No comments: