Saturday, April 3, 2010

All is well with Baby J

I had an OB appointment on Wednesday.  And well, it didn't exactly go as planned.  After almost an hour of sitting in the waiting room, I was finally taken back to an exam room.  I saw Dr L walking around with a medical student, so I knew she would be running behind.  Anyway, ten minutes later the medical assistant came back and said "ummm, yeah, so a lot has changed since I was in here last."  Apparently Dr L got called away to surgery and had to leave right away.  Bummer.  So instead of seeing her, I got to see one of the nurse practitioners.

I'm still measuring right on track.  Which is still a little weird for me since I'm so used to measuring several weeks ahead.  Little Baby J had a nice heartbeat running in the 160's to 170's.  And although I can't quite feel any movement yet, we could definitely hear him or her tapping the doppler several times.  So we know that there's a wiggly one in there!  It's just a matter of time before I start feeling Baby J move on a regular basis.

I'll actually be going back for another OB visit in just two weeks instead of four to see Dr L.  We'll be discussing whether or not I'll be starting weekly progesterone shots to help prevent the preterm labor I had last time.  And if we decide to go that route, we would start those at about 18 weeks, which is why I can't wait 4 weeks until I was supposed to see her next.

So although things didn't go exactly how I was planning them to go that day, everything is great with the new baby...and that's all that really matters!!  But I'll definitely be looking forward to my visit with Dr L so that we can hammer out a few more details as to how we'll be monitoring this pregnancy.

No comments: