Tuesday, February 16, 2010

We've been keeping a secret


Yup, we're expecting again. NewBaby is due on September 26th. And it's just one baby this time, I promise. We had an ultrasound on Thursday, Feb 11th to "count the babies" because my OB wanted to know what we were dealing with. And there was just one perfect little baby.

I actually started typing this way back on Friday, but due to not feeling the best and doing a bit of traveling over the weekend, it never got done. "Morning sickness" arrived about a week earlier than it did when I was pregnant with the girls, but it hasn't been nearly as severe (knock on wood). I have some pretty good days and then some not so good days. I realized that pregnancy amnesia really does exist, because I completely forgot about how miserable I was with morning sickness during my early pregnancy last time. In fact, before we even knew we were having twins, I told Nate that he better enjoy *the baby* because I was NEVER going to go through that again! And here I am.

So I'm a little over 8 weeks pregnant now. At our ultrasound, the baby was measuring a full week ahead of schedule. Its little heart was beating away at a perfect 168bpm. Nice, fast, and strong. We were able to see its little arms and legs already, though in the pictures we got it's really hard to see them.

For those who are curious, we will not be finding out the sex of this baby either. I guess we just like surprises. And it honestly doesn't matter to us. If it's a girl, great. Since this baby is due in Sept and the girls were born in Oct, the girls' clothes we have will match up perfectly as far as seasons go. And if it's a boy, great. Because, obviously, we don't have a boy! So until the big delivery day, this baby will remain a surprise!

Oh and please be patient with me. I may not be updating the blog all that often until this morning sickness phase is over. I'm trying to lay down to rest whenever I get the chance because I've noticed that the less sleep I get the sicker I tend to be.

Here are a couple pictures of the little baby. Head is on the left and feet/butt on the right.


No comments: