Sunday, February 28, 2010

10 weeks today

Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry.  I know I said that I wouldn't be posting on the blog very often until I felt better, but I really didn't expect it to be almost a full two weeks since I last wrote anything!  I'm 10 weeks pregnant today.  Unfortunately, the "morning sickness" still isn't gone.  I'll have a really great day and think that I'm on the tail end of it, but then the next day it flares back up.  For the most part, I feel pretty good during the day, but I start feeling kinda crummy right around 4-5 o'clock.  With the girls, I remember being sick the entire morning, afternoon, night, and middle of the night.  It was 24 hours a day.

I still haven't gained any weight this pregnancy.  Which is okay.  I had only gained one pound by this point last time.  So I'm not concerned.  I still have plenty of time to pack on the pounds!!  Ha.  I think it's going to be really hard not to continually compare this pregnancy to the last one.  Isn't that what most women do?  But obviously, this one is already drastically different...the fact that I'm carrying one baby this time instead of two.  So although I probably shouldn't compare, I probably will!

The girls are doing great.  Let me tell you, when I'm having a rotten day because I don't feel the best, they're sure able to bring a smile to my face.  They're such little entertainers!!  Just the other day, I was changing Adalyn's dirty diaper and said "whoa!"  So the little stinker brought her feet to her face, took a big sniff and loudly exclaimed "WHOA!!"  The girls think it's funny when we (pretend to) smell their feet and make a big stinky face.  Apparently, she's caught on to this and realized that if she smelled her own feet, she could express a dislike of them just like us!

They're still in to feeding each other.  A couple days ago, Alivia loaded up on two handfuls of crackers and one by one, starting shoveling them into Adalyn's mouth.  One, two, three, four.  Addi kept opening her mouth.  Livi tried to insert a 5th cracker but I had to stop her.  Poor Addi's mouth was stuffed!!!

And can I have a drumroll please?  Adalyn has slept through the night 4 times in the past seven nights!!  I think she might finally be catching on to this whole sleep business!  When I woke up at 7:30am the first night she had done it and realized that I hadn't heard from her, I bolted into her room thinking something was wrong!  Nope.  She was just snoozing away.  And as usual, Alivia has been sleeping through the night 90% of the time.  Bless her little soul.

That's about it on this end for now.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!

Cee said...

Oh, CONGRATS! Brace yourself, you'll be in for it soon enough! I have twins too, 23 months, and am 13 weeks today. my friend was in the same position as us about 5yrs ago and said the night before the baby is born and the kids are sleeping will be the last moment of silence you will have for 18 years. LMAO!