Tuesday, February 9, 2010

They're getting so big

My little peanuts are growing up way too fast.  They're learning more and more everyday.  It's so fascinating watching them learn and develop into the little people that they're becoming.

Take nap time for instance.  For a while now, I have not had to carry the girls to their room for nap time.  I would just tell Adalyn to get "teddy" and we would hunt down a nuk for Alivia, then they would follow me to the nursery where I just had to pick them up and plop them in their cribs.  However, now all I have to say is "Addi, get your teddy" and she finds teddy, Livi finds a nuk, and they race down the hall beating me to the door!  It's so cute.  They stand there and pound on the door till I open it up to let them in.

They're now mastering the use of a fork.  Which I'm actually quite surprised about given the lack of practice they've had.  I simply haven't wanted to deal with the inevitable mess that would ensue (I know, bad mommy), so I haven't really given them much practice time.  Well wouldn't ya know it, they're actually quite proficient at using the fork!  They need a little help sometimes at stabbing the food item but otherwise they're able to find their mouths quite easily...and with little mess!!!

And to top it all off, my littlest baby (Alivia) cut her 4 canine teeth in the past month or so.  So she's now up to a grand total of 16 teeth.  Adalyn still stands at 12 teeth and I don't think she's remotely close to cutting any of her canines.  But Livi, wow, does that girl have a mouthful!!!

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

exciting stuff! my babes are just mastering the fork themselves, too! it's crazy how time flies...