Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Bye-bye for now

We're leaving early tomorrow morning for our cruise. I'm so excited but I'm so nervous about missing the girls too much to really, fully enjoy myself. I know it'll be good for Nate and I to re-establish ourselves as husband and wife instead of just mom and dad. But man, it's going to be hard saying goodbye to my precious little peanuts!!

We fly in to Miami tomorrow. We get on the ship on Friday and our first stop will be Saturday morning in Cococay, Bahamas. Sunday morning we'll arrive at Nassau, Bahamas. And then Monday morning we'll be be back in Miami and flying back home that afternoon. So we're only going to be gone for 4 nights. I know that it's about time Nate and I do something together.

While packing tonight for the trip, I started thinking about the last big trip we took. We went to Disney back in May 2008. I was 16 weeks pregnant with the girls and my "morning sickness" had luckily just disappeared a few days before we left. I remember being in the airport walking to our gate and I told Nate that I was going to pass out (not the only time that trip that I felt that way!! click here for reference). So what does he do?? He summoned one of those little golf cart drivers and had the guy drive us to our gate!! Nate thought it was great and was waving at everyone as we passed them. For those of you that know him, you can definitely see him doing this. Me, on the other hand, I was so embarrassed! If only I had actually *looked* pregnant while getting this ride. Even being 16 weeks with twins, I still didn't really have a belly. So I just felt dumb. But that breeze in my face sure made me feel so much better!!

Let's hope I don't have any issues walking to my gate this year!!! Haha.

No comments: