Saturday, May 24, 2008

17 weeks and going strong

We have been back from vacation for a few days now. But you know how it is...you come back from vacation more tired than the day you left! I worked early in the morning the day after we got back, so it took me a few days to recuperate. I think I am finally feeling back to normal.

Florida was a blast. The weather was gorgeous. It only rained one day, but it didn't even last very long. We stayed pretty busy throughout the whole vacation. Though we did manage to come back to the hotel each afternoon for a couple of hours so that I could rest my feet and take a little snooze to refresh myself! Once again, Nate was wonderful at making sure I didn't overdo it. There was one day that we were at the Magic Kingdom and I think I had gone too long without eating or drinking anything -- not good for anyone in hot weather, let alone someone pregnant with twins. We were on Tom Sawyer's Island waiting for the raft to come pick us up to take us back to the "mainland" when I told Nate that we had to get back quickly before I passed out. Well wouldn't you know it, shortly after I said that, things started to become really blurry. Nate told me to breathe...and I told him that I was well beyond the breathing part! I used to pass out a lot, so I know that once my vision becomes blurry, it's just a matter of seconds before I get tunnel vision and take a digger! So we stepped out of line, just as our raft docked to get us...and I laid down. Nate searched the island for a pop machine. And I ended up downing a 20oz Sprite in about 5 minutes flat. I wanted to get myself rehydrated and get some sugar in my system. Once we got back to the mainland, we went to get some lunch and I felt immensely better after that. From then on, we carried water bottles with us and I made sure to eat before we left our hotel every morning! But Nate took such good care of me and wouldn't let me whine about ruining his vacation because of the breaks I needed to take, etc. We have sooo many pictures, but I haven't downloaded them onto the computer yet. Sorry!

In baby news. I seem to have grown exponentially larger while on vacation. I wore my regular jeans on the flight down to Florida. And then I wore maternity shorts while there, because let's face it, they are just plain comfortable! Well, when I went to put my jeans on for the flight back home, they were FAR too tight! So whenever I was sitting, I unbuttoned my top button like I just got done eating at a buffet. Haha. All the literature says that the babies are going through a growth spurt for the next couple of weeks, so hopefully that accounts for at least some of my own growth spurt! It is either that or all of the yummy food I ate down at Disney!

Right now, each baby is about 5 inches long and each weighs between 5-6 ounces. So they are definitely getting bigger.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that you are still doing well. :) I want to see pictures of your little (or maybe not so little according to this entry) tummy. Pregnany women are nature's most beautiful sight!

take care hon!