Monday, May 12, 2008

Graduation and other things

I officially have my master's degree!! I graduated on Saturday. It's hard to believe that I am no longer a "student." There is some safety in being able to call yourself a student. Now I've entered the real world and I still won't be finding my "real world" job. I will be keeping my job at the hospital until the babies are born and then will hopefully land a job while I am on maternity leave. So I won't be making use of my hard-fought master's degree until sometime in 2009. Yikes!

Anyway. It was such a good time. Nate's parents were here, as were my parents and brother and sister-in-law. It was so nice having so many loved ones there to support me. We took some nice pictures...most of which are on my mom's camera. And we went out to eat to celebrate. We laughed a lot and had a good time.

Mom got tears in her eyes, which she said surprised her. But if you think of everything that has happened with her "baby girl" in the last year, it's not that surprising. I got married to a wonderful man who they LOVE to death (as do I!). I got pregnant with twins (with Nate's help of course!), and now I graduated with a master's degree...all within less than a full year. That is a lot to digest! She's a wonderful, wonderful mother, and I never could have gotten this far in my life without her constant support. So a very Happy (belated) Mother's Day to a fantastic woman. I love you so much!! (in case you're reading this, which I know you are!)

If you look really closely, you can see me on the stage getting hooded.

Two happy campers that this phase of our life is now over.

In other news, Nate and I will leaving for vacation TOMORROW!! Yay! We are headed to Florida and will visit the great parks of Disney. Nate has never been there. And considering that I worked for Disney for 5 months, it made planning pretty easy. We will be gone May 13-20. Not only do we need a get-away, but the vacation will celebrate both my graduation as well as our upcoming one year anniversary! I can't believe it has been a year already. But that is a different post for a different time.

I will post again when we get back!

No comments: