Friday, November 20, 2009

It's been a tooth explosion!!!

So in the last 4 weeks, we've gained 10 new teeth! And actually, in just the past 2 weeks, the girls got 6 molars! Holy cats! That's a lot of teeth in a short amount of time. Adalyn was the lucky recipient of 7 new teeth in the past month whereas Alivia just got her 3 molars. So the total tooth count is now up to 22 - eleven for each baby girl. Just one month ago we had been stuck at a total of twelve teeth for a few months. And then they just started coming, bing, bam, boom!

The odd thing is that they've been sleeping better than ever! Knock on wood. Knock on wood REALLY hard. In fact, just last night they finally slept through the night. What?! Are these seriously my children? I go on vacation, come home, and they're sleeping well? For several months now, if one of them would sleep through the night (which by the way, didn't happen all that often), the other one would inevitably get up at least once if not two or three times. But last night, they finally collaborated their efforts!! We'll see what tonight brings.

Man, I remember blogging back in September about a night we had where they were up a combined 8 times, followed by 4 times and then 5 times! And here we are, a restful night of sleep for everyone in the house. But like I said, we'll see if it continues. Our typical night has usually involved getting up an average of twice. Either twice with one baby or once with both of them...sometimes just once with one of the girls. And honestly? I can live with that. It's not ideal, but it's such a far cry from where we were just a couple months ago that I'll take it!!

Our vacation was wonderful. The ship was absolutely beautiful. The ocean was amazing. And the food was out-of-this-world-yummy!!! Because of the yummy food, Nate and I promptly began a diet upon returning home! Yikes. Overall, we had an absolute blast. Yes, it was tough leaving the girls, but the smiles on their faces when we came back home were absolutely priceless. I have some pictures to share but I need to download them first! However, I work really early tomorrow morning so I best be getting to bed! Good night.

No comments: