Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Birthday x2

The day started with the girls deciding that they would wake up at the crack of dawn. Adalyn was up by 4:45am and refused to go back down. So by 5:30 I decided to stop fighting with her and flipped on the lights so she could play. Shortly thereafter, Alivia was awake.

At 7:05am, I sang Happy Birthday to Addi, told her how much mommy and daddy and lots of other people love her, gave her a good squeeze and then she decided she was ready for bed! She was back in her crib within 15 minutes. Then at 7:33am, I repeated the process with Livi. And wouldn't ya know it, the little stinker was also ready for bed within minutes! I came to the conclusion that the girls are just like their mom and wanted to be wide awake for when they made their grand entrance into this world! As a kid, I always used to set my alarm for 11:56pm so that I would know exactly when I was born. I guess I can't fault their early morning rising if they wanted to be awake for the big event!

And for their birthday, they got to make a trip to the doctor's office to get weighed! Yay! Their 12 month appt got bumped until 13 months, but me being the Type A Personality that I am, I needed to have accurate weights at one year for their baby books! Luckily, the nurses in Dr K's office were very understanding of these "big milestones" (their words, not mine) and said I could come in for a weight check. Fantastic!

And drumroll please......

Adalyn was 19lbs 8oz - placing her at the 27th percentile
Alivia was 19lbs 10oz - placing her at the 29th percentile

Ironically, both girls gained exactly 2 pounds since their 9 month appt.

At 7:05am, this precious baby girl entered the world.
Here she is today on her first birthday.

And at 7:33am, this sweet baby girl entered the world.
And here she is today on her first birthday.

Both girls sleeping peacefully at 1 day old. (Livi left, Addi right)
And both girls clapping because today they turned ONE!

P.S. For those of you who don't know, in Adalyn's newborn picture, she's just wearing a heart rate monitor that they put on every baby right at birth. Both girls were as healthy as can be. They didn't even need any supplemental oxygen!

1 comment:

Nate said...

These pictures made their daddy a Little tearful. I love these girls! Love-Daddy!