Monday, October 19, 2009

Poor babies

To sum it up, today stunk.

You see, last night it suddenly dawned on me that the day the girls' 12 month well baby visit was rescheduled for, Nate and I aren't going to be on dry land!! Their appt had gotten rescheduled for November 13th. And I'm not exactly sure how, but I completely forgot (until last night!) that we'll be on a cruise! Yeah, I don't know how that slipped my mind. Bad mommy.

Anyway, so I called the office as soon as they opened up this morning. I knew Dr K would be booking out into December already, so I asked if she happened to have any cancellations sometime soon and told them that I would be ok with bringing the girls in at separate times to get their shots, etc. Turns out, she's out of the office this week. But they said that another doctor was in the clinic today (she only works 2-3 days a month due to having young kids at home) and she would be able to see both of the girls at the same time. I used to work with this doctor's husband when I worked on 7th floor at the hospital, so I felt pretty comfortable going to see her.

Unfortunately, since it was rescheduled at the last minute, Nate couldn't go with. So I had to take the girls by myself. And can I say that it was the most heartbreaking thing I've had to do in a looong time. Poor babies received six shots each!! SIX!! Three stabs to each thigh. I wanted to cry right along with them. They've never received so many shots at one time...the most they've ever had was 3. So this was traumatic - for both babies and mommy. Do you know how hard it is to console two inconsolable babies at one time? They tore my heart out.

In better news though, they are doing absolutely wonderful as far as development goes. Dr T was very pleased with their progress and said that they look fantastic (well THAT we already knew!! haha) And since the girls are now sleeping, I'm headed to bed as well. Today wore us all out.

No comments: