Friday, July 17, 2009

Kids will throw you a curveball

I guess I better get used to having plans and then having to cancel them at the last minute. The girls were supposed to have their 9 month pictures taken today. Well wouldn't ya know it, I got a call from the babysitter yesterday while I was at work asking if we had been dealing with a rash all over Adalyn's body or if that was something new. Nope, haven't dealt with it...it's new. Go figure.

We were slow in the ER, so I took my lunch break to come home to take a look at it. Sure enough, her belly, back, and neck were speckled with little red dots. They didn't appear to be bothering her, but I took a few pictures to take back to work with me to show the ER doctors. Hey, you would make use of free medical advice too!!

After hearing that she had been dealing with a low grade fever for the prior two days, they figured that it was a viral rash. Nothing too concerning, just her body's way of fighting whatever virus she caught and building up her immunities.

So here I was, trying my hardest to make sure we didn't gain any new bumps or bruises in the past week to prepare ourselves for picture day. And we end up with a body full of red dots. Brilliant. Yup, kids will throw you a curveball. So pictures are postponed until...well, who knows.

No comments: