Thursday, July 23, 2009

9 month appt update

So the girls had their 9 month appointment on Tuesday. The only issue we had to address was the girls' sleeping habits...or lack thereof!! Dr K had a few suggestions for us to get the girls to sleep longer and not wake so often. The past couple of weeks have been absolutely terrible, but they were both getting a new tooth so I don't think that helped at all! And speaking of teeth, Alivia is now up to 5 teeth and Adalyn is up to 4.

They once again did a little weight swap on us. At their 6 month appt, Adalyn was exactly one inch taller and one pound heavier. At this month's appt, Alivia surpassed her in weight by just a couple ounces. And as always, they continue to be long skinny babies. Dr K said that it's nothing to be concerned about because they're just like mommy and daddy!

Adalyn:
17lbs 8oz (20th percentile)
29 inches (90th percentile)

Alivia:
17lbs 10oz (25th percentile)
28 inches (65th percentile)

They also had their 9 month pictures taken on Tuesday. Adalyn's rash cleared up so we were good to go. We're really, really happy with the way they turned out. Now we just have to decide which poses we want! That's always the hard part.

Hi daddy!

Let us out!!

Mmmm...tasty.

What. Do I have something on my face?

This was right after she gave me her naughty face (will post pics soon).

Crazy hair post-bath.


These are the dresses they wore for their pictures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not really a comment, but an inquiry instead. I'm a huge fan of men's professional tennis, and the biggest news today is that Roger Federer and his wife Mirka had twin girls last night! So I'm wondering if you would mind if I sent them your blog address (to Roger's official website) so they could connect with YOUR twin tale, as theirs unfolds. My email address is dhsh@umich.edu (and that is probably the best way for you to answer me).

-- Dot Shields (Marshfield)

Dawn - The Foodie said...

I have a question for you. I am just finding your site (through pictures on google.com) and your story at the beginning sounds a lot like mine. I am 7w3d according to the 2nd ultrasound we had just yesterday. They cannot explain the pain I am having in the lower front of my abdomen. The tech yesterday said she thought she saw two babies (as did my husband) to which I replied, there better NOT be two!!! After all, this baby makes 4. I have been very worried throughout the first few weeks because of the pain (not full cramping but definitely feels like stretching and pulling towards the bottom of my belly) and was wondering if that is what you went through.

Thanks. dcqtpi@gmail.com