Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The babies are never coming out

So I have decided that I am going to be pregnant forever. The babies were originally SOO excited to get here, but now they seem to be comfortable where they're at. Go figure. When they are given the green light to make their entrance, they would rather not. They're already taking after their daddy -- tell them one thing, and they do the other!

I had another OB appt today. My doctor is on vacation, so I saw a different Dr L. He jokingly told me that if the babies really don't want to come out, he doesn't see a problem setting an induction date around 41-42 weeks! Yeah right! Good thing my OB already told me that she wouldn't let me go a day beyond 38 weeks. Otherwise, I probably would have thought he was serious...which probably would have made me cry! I am so anxious to meet these little ones. And soooo excited to be done being pregnant. Today marked exactly 9 full weeks of bedrest.

We have a growth scan scheduled for Friday if I make it that far. It will be very interesting to get the babies' estimated weights. However, 3rd trimester ultrasounds can be off by a full pound in either direction...so it truly is a "guesstimate." They better be big considering how much I have grown in the past month! I will try to update Friday afternoon.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Hang in there Jess. I am sure you are sooooooooooooo DONE being PREGO! I was too at the end of both of my pregnancies! I know I didn't have twins, so it's not completely a comparison. At any rate, stay strong, and know that the end is REALLY near!