Friday, August 22, 2008

30 weeks tomorrow, and more good news

Can you believe that I've received good news at two appointments in a row?! I had my ultrasound first, and the babies' exit out is still hanging in there. Last week, it was measuring 2.4cm, this week it is measuring 2.3cm. So essentially, there was no change. Woo-hoo!!

After the ultrasound, I saw Dr. L. She was so incredibly happy. I know I blogged before that each day the babies stay in my belly is, on average, 3 less days they will spend in the NICU...well today, Dr. L said that one day in my belly is equivalent to a FULL WEEK in the NICU. So each day is a huge, huge accomplishment. We're still pushing to get to 34 weeks so I can deliver at the hospital here in town. But I can't think about being on bedrest for another 4 weeks. I just have to focus on one Saturday at a time. This Saturday is 30 weeks, and next Saturday will be 31!

My blood pressure did go back down today. Maybe it is the comfort in knowing that I am going to see MY doctor?? But today it was 108/82. And she measured my belly at a whopping THIRTY-SIX weeks!!! No wonder my body wants to have these babies...I am almost measuring full-term! And both babies remain head down.

Dr. L gave me a high five for staying on my regimen of taking the terbutaline every 4 hours. I have my alarm set for 12, 4, 8, 12, 4, 8, etc. And then she also quizzed me on the book she suggested I read last week! I've only read 4 chapters due to my very short attention span, but she was only expecting me to have read 2! So I exceeded expectations. I always was a perfectionist. Haha. I have another appt with her on Tuesday. I want to finish the book so I can surprise her! Then she can really quiz away!

Lastly, total weight gain at this point is 25 pounds. I told Dr. L that I have been eating as much as physically possible -- it's really not easy eating while laying down. The heartburn can be terrible! But I told her that I am trying to beef these babies up and that I could really care less if I gain a total of 90 pounds! I can say that now, because I know that it is highly unrealistic I will ever gain that much. But I really AM trying to gain as much weight as possible in hopes that the babies will gobble up some of that extra food I am eating! Grow babies, grow!!

No comments: