Monday, August 18, 2008

IT'S NEGATIVE!!!

Today we received the best news we have gotten in over 3 weeks!! The Fetal Fibronectin test (fFN) came back negative today! That means that there is a 99% chance that I will not deliver in the next 2 weeks. So if the test holds true, we'll get up to at least 31 weeks before the babies are born! So just keep your fingers crossed that I do not fall into that 1% who actually does deliver in the 2 week time span.

My blood pressure did skyrocket today. It was up to 132/68. But the OB was not concerned. He said that I was not given any time to catch my breath after being taken to the exam room before it was taken (and let's face it, 3 weeks of bedrest has left me severely out of shape), I was not seeing my regular OB, and I was feeling a lot of anxiety about the test and its results. And the terbutaline I am on to decrease the contractions can be playing a roll as well. He said they will keep an eye on it, because carrying twins increases my risk for Pregnancy Induced Hypertension which can lead to Pre-Eclampsia. Oh, and my belly is measuring in at 34 weeks!!

So that's the latest. But just because the results of the test were negative and I am unlikely to deliver in the next 2 weeks, I am still on strict bedrest. I am not to relax my restrictions at all. And of course, I won't. We actually have a dorm fridge rigged up right next to the couch now...so all of my snacks are in there -- pudding cups, yogurt, fruit, string cheese, water and milk, with granola bars and cereal on top of the fridge. It's pretty sweet!

I have an ultrasound on Friday followed by an appointment with Dr. L. Let's hope for more good news!!

No comments: