Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oh, how things change

Bedrest. A word I didn't want to hear.

It's been an interesting day. I was supposed to see Dr. L at 11:00 this morning, but my phone rang at 7:45am because she had called in sick and they wanted to reschedule me. I told the nurse that I really needed to see someone today because of the contractions I have been having -- they have increased in frequency, duration, and intensity. So I really wanted to discuss it with someone.

They scheduled me to see Dr. E (the on call doctor) at 10:45am. Less than an hour later, they called back saying that Dr. E was really busy at the hospital and she wanted me to come to Labor and Delivery. So off I went, arriving at about 9:00. They hooked me up to the monitors. The babies sounded really good. Heart rates were in the 150's. They absolutely did NOT like having all of those monitors on my belly. They kicked and punched at them for the entire hour and a half!! They were soooo squirmy. The monitor picked up several contractions. And unfortunately, I am about 1/2cm dilated.

So.....I am on strict bedrest for a week. I'm only allowed to get up to go to the bathroom -- no housework, no driving, no getting the mail, no preparing myself meals, etc. I will see Dr. L next Tuesday and we will re-evaluate at that time. I also have an ultrasound scheduled for next Wednesday, so we will have more info at that point.

Any thoughts and prayers everyone can spare would be greatly appreciated!!

1 comment:

Molly M. said...

Sending good thoughts. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.
Prayers and beacons are being lit for you.
Molly