Friday, August 1, 2008

Day 4

Today is day 4 of bedrest. And I am surviving. Not that it has been easy. But I guess when I think about how I will do anything to make sure these babies are born big and healthy, it makes bedrest much more tolerable. I am hoping and praying that I am not on bedrest for the duration of the pregnancy, but of course I will do whatever I have to do.

So how do I pass the time? I watch TV. I watch Everybody Loves Raymond on DVD. I read extremely backdated People magazines -- we're talking all the way back to November. I nap. I eat a lot. I play video games. I daydream about what it will be like to hold my two little babies. I call my mom on the phone more than she would probably care to hear from me! I respond to emails. I watch my belly jiggle and roll all over the place. I talk to the babies. So I've kept myself occupied for now.

The contractions have decreased, which is a really good thing. I have been drinking water like the seas are drying up!! Supposedly dehydration can spur contractions. So I am drinking and drinking and drinking some more. At times I feel like I am going to float away!

I guess that's it. It's really weird that I am supposed to be working this weekend but instead, I have a little date with my couch. Just trying to pass the time until my appointment on Tuesday when the bedrest restrictions will hopefully be lifted!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What is your current email address? The one I have from volleyball keeps getting rejected!
Shyre
(shyremann@gmail.com)