Sunday, July 27, 2008

Body parts and stretch marks

Within the past few days, I have been able to feel baby body parts above my belly button. I haven't been able to figure out if it is a foot or a knee or something else. But it's one of the most amazing feelings!! It's really hard and if I push on it, it pushes back. I played this little game for about 10 minutes a couple nights ago -- I pushed on the body part and then a few seconds later, it pushed back. I really started wondering if I was ticking the baby off, but he/she kept coming back for more, so I figured it had become quite the fun game for both of us!! I have not been able to figure out which baby I am feeling. They both share the area right above my belly button, so it is really hard to tell.

As for stretch marks, I have not noticed any yet. I must admit, that I am quite surprised. I thought for sure I would have at least a few by now. I cross my fingers and check every day, and every day I have been pleasantly surprised that not a single one has appeared. HOWEVER, I am not getting my hopes up too high that this trend will continue. In fact, I have told myself from the day we found out that there were two babies that I would get them. Therefore, there wouldn't be any disappointments in the end!! Hey, if I grow large enough to have two large, healthy babies, I will wear them proudly!

OB appointment on Tuesday. Probably won't have time to update until Wednesday evening.

1 comment:

Molly M. said...

My mom swears that using cocoa butter everyday throughout all three of her pregnancies warded off all stretch marks. I have also heard that it is good at keeping them at bay from other friends who have been pregnant.
Good luck at your next appointment.