Thursday, April 17, 2008

Morning Sickness

Sorry about the lack of an update. I've been knocked down by morning sickness again. I've been meaning to write in the past few days, but I've felt so miserable. I'm just wondering who exactly coined the term "morning sickness." I figure it had to have been a man (no offense to the men out there!). But it had to have been named by someone who had never experienced it. Because for me, it has been morning, noon, night and middle of the night. Thank goodness I've had my good days. However, those days I feel sick, I feel sick pretty much all day. Though I shouldn't complain because I know some women who have had it MUCH worse...hospitalization, IV's, ports in their arms, etc. Of course, I also know those women who have not had a hint of morning sickness -- and I'm severely jealous!! I'm just hoping the 2nd trimester brings some relief.

Other than that, not much has been going on. It's amazing to think that we've known for 4 weeks that we're expecting twins. But I still don't think it has fully sunken in yet. Maybe it's because I'm still not showing. I thought for sure I would've created myself a little belly by now. But it's not there. However, I have definitely gotten thicker around the middle!! I've certainly expanded sideways a bit. I'm waiting and waiting for the belly, wishing it would make its arrival. Though I'm sure I will be loathing my belly once I am big, miserable, and unable to walk without looking like a penguin! But penguins are cute, right?

No comments: