Wednesday, April 30, 2014

What did you say?!?

So last night as I was cooking supper, the girls were playing dress up in the living room. At one point, I heard one of them say to the other "you're a hooker." Before I could round the corner into the living room, the other replied with "I'm not a hooker, YOU'RE a hooker!" Flabbergasted and somewhat speechless, I asked them to tell me what a "hooker" is. Well, from behind their backs, they each pulled out a crochet hook...and they said "well, when you cook, you're a cooker. When you run, you're a runner. We have hooks...so we're hookers."

Whew, ok, thanks for the explanation...carry on. 

Where do they come up with this stuff?  I was worried that some kids in school were teaching them some terms that are obviously not age appropriate.  So glad that I asked them to explain themselves.  My utter shock turned into complete hilarity in a matter of seconds.

1 comment:

Cee said...

So funny!
How is Addi and the rest of the family dealing with no gluten?