Monday, June 17, 2013

Emmi update

Little Emmi has developed a mind of her own.  Holy moly!  If you dare pull her away from something that she wants to be playing with, she screams, arches her back, throws her head against your chest, you name it.  She's even (accidentally) slapped me in the face!  It's a pint sized temper tantrum!!  Fortunately, since she's only 10 months old, I find them to be kind of funny.  My strong willed little girl.  Just ask me what I think of that strong will in 6 more months!!

She's starting to display a little bit of separation anxiety.  Last week when I dropped her off at daycare, she crawled after me as I was walking toward the door and cried.  So sad.  Of course, I had to stop and pick her up.  She tore my heart out.  So I gave her several more kisses on her head, put a few toys in her lap and rushed out.  She ended up having a great day, so that made me feel better.

I think she's slowly phasing out any foods that she cannot feed herself.  It sure is a struggle to get her to take a spoonful of pretty much everything.  She really, truly acts like she's not hungry.  But if you throw some finger foods on her tray, she gobbles them up!!  Maybe it's that stubbornness coming out again!  Little miss independent.  Isn't she too young for this?!  Good gravy.

No comments: