Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Unbelievable

The bugs are still in this house!!!

Nate was out sick almost all of last week with the stomach bug.  Toward the end of the week, we actually shipped the twins out to my parents' house so they could hopefully avoid it.  So they spent a few nights with grandma and grandpa.

Emmi started with some diarrhea early last week, but I didn't know if it was related to the fact that she started amoxicillin or if she also had a stomach bug.  A couple days later she broke out in a full body rash.  It looked like a viral rash, but again, it also could've been an allergic reaction to the amoxicillin.  Then this past Saturday while I was at work and Nate was home with her (the twins were still with my parents), she went through a couple crying fits.  So Nate brought her in and I had her seen in urgent care.  Her ears looked worse, she had white pustules in her throat, the rash was still present and she still had the diarrhea.  So they swabbed her for strep and took a blood draw to test for mono and look at her overall blood count.  Everything checked out just fine. So we were left with the fact that the diarrhea and rash were probably a virus.  But they gave us a new antibiotic just in case the amoxicillin caused some issues.  Whew.  On a good note, she's finally on the mend!!

And then yesterday...Livi woke up a couple of times throughout the night saying she couldn't breathe (she went to bed with a fever and a cough).  Thinking she just had a stuffy nose, I told her to breathe through her mouth and she would be just fine.  She told me a couple of times that she couldn't, but I tried to convince her that she could!!  By morning, when she woke up crying, I heard the very distinct sound of croup.  Every time she inhaled, I heard that seal-like sound.  Ugh.  So when she told me at night that she couldn't breathe even if she breathed through her mouth, she really felt like she couldn't!!  Bad mommy.  I felt terrible.

So the bugs still linger.  2013 has not treated us the best so far.  Maybe our New Year can start in February!!!  And with my next post, I'm probably going to do a picture overload.  I've been wanting to post pictures for a while but just haven't had the time with all the sickies in the house!!

No comments: