Saturday, December 15, 2012

And so it begins

It's that time of year for the sick bug to make its presence in this house.  Yuck.  Surprisingly, I was the first one to come down with it!  I rarely get what everyone else gets (I think my immunities might be a little higher than average from working in the ER), but if I do manage to get the sick bug, I'm not usually the one to start its run through our house!  But yup...this time I did.

The stomach bug hit last weekend.  Just me.  And we were hoping to keep it contained to just me since the big girls were at Grandma and Grandpa L's for a couple of days.  Well it hit Nate on Wednesday.  And then late Thursday morning I got the call from daycare that I had to come pick up Addi because she threw up.  Ugh.  When I went to pick them up, Livi actually wanted to stay.  In the two years the girls have been in daycare, if one was sick, they both stayed home sick.  And if one came home early, the other would come home early.  They simply didn't want to be there without the other.  But on Thursday, Livi completely shocked me...I told her I was taking Addi home and she asked if she could stay and play with her friends!!  By all means, please do...I was already leaving Emmi there because I thought it might be hard to nurse a baby while trying to throw a bucket under my puking child.  So it was best if the healthy kids stayed till Nate was done with work.

Anyway, Addi is on the mend.  And knock on wood, but both Livi and Emmi have managed to stay healthy.  Since we're a couple days out from Addi's sickness, I'm hoping the other two are in the clear...and I'm already wishing the cold and flu season was over!!!

Finally, a little update on Emmi.  She discovered her feet within the past week.  And boy does she love playing with them!  She's given herself a few little scratches on her legs trying to grab at her toes all the time.  She also still loves putting her fingers in her mouth.  Only now it's become a game to see just how many fingers she can fit!  It's not uncommon to see her with at least eight of her fingers jammed inside...sometimes the only digits spared from her little mouth are her thumbs!  And she tried some rice cereal for the first time a week ago.  She was really watching me eat that day so I figured, hey, why not.  She did really, really well!!  I'm not quite ready to make it a daily thing for her yet but I'll keep giving her a taste of solids every few days.

Well you don't say!!

Just too sweet, I tell ya.

She looks nervous to me!

Those big blue eyes get me every time.

She definitely makes me smile!!

No comments: