Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My little helper

I was very curious as to how the big girls would accept a new baby in the house.  When I was pregnant, they talked almost every day about the baby and how big it was getting, when it would come out, what they would do with it, etc.  I worried that the excitement would fizzle the moment the baby arrived.

However, Livi is by far a little mother hen.  She absolutely insists on helping me give Emmi a bath.  It kind of slows the process down, but she truly enjoys being my little helper, so I have to let her!!  When she sees or hears me running the bath water, she immediatelty needs to know if the bath is for Emmi...and if it is, she's right there in the bathroom within seconds. 

Once Emmi is in the tub, Livi asks for baby soap on her hands.  She lathers them together and first washes Emmi's feet.  Then she needs more baby soap, rubs her hands together and washes Emmi's belly.  She wants to wash Emmi's head too, but I haven't let her quite yet.  I tell ya, she is such a nurturing little child.

And here is that little nugget in the tub that Livi loves helping bathe...


And a few extra just because!!

She really pouts that lip sometimes!

Working on holding that head up!

No comments: