Wednesday, May 30, 2012

28 week OB appt

Well, I'm 28 weeks today.  I got the girls ready for daycare this morning, dropped them off, then headed to my OB appointment.  I started my fabulous morning by having to take the glucose screening.  I swear it gets worse every time!!  I'm still waiting on the results of that.  Keeping my fingers crossed that I passed.  I honestly don't think I can make it through the three hour test again!

Then I saw Dr L.  Everything is going well.  She commented that she can't believe I'm 28 weeks already.  Don't pregnancies always go faster for the people not having to live it?!  My coworkers seem to think this pregnancy is flying by as well.  Anyway, blood pressure was just fine again.  The baby's heartrate was in the high 130s and I'm measuring at 27cm...so essentially, right on track.

This baby either thoroughly enjoyed the massive amount of sugar I had to ingest this morning or was extremely ticked off.  About 20 minutes after drinking the orange concontion, she began to kick rather violently.  She's never kicked that hard before!!  Holy cow!  So I'm not exactly sure if she was having a fun sugar rush or if she was mad at me.  But she let me know that she felt the effects it for a good 15 minutes.

Back to the doctor in 2 weeks...sooner if I get the results that I failed the glucose screening.

No comments: