Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pregnant check in time

Another OB appointment today.  All is well.  I'm up more weight than I care to admit...therefore, I won't.  Hey, my blog, my rules.  I'm measuring like I'm 20 weeks pregnant, so just a little ahead.  And baby's heartbeat was in the high 140s.  That's about it.  There's not much going on at these appointments.

Our fetal anatomy ultrasound is scheduled for April 2nd.  No, we will not be finding out the gender.  Unless of course, both of us have a really weak moment at the same time.  And I have another OB appointment lined up with Dr L in just shy of four weeks.

The nurse practitioner I saw today actually sent me to the lab today to test my thyroid.  I am super cold all.the.time.  It's annoying.  I wear a fleece jacket to work every day.  I sleep with more blankets on my side of the bed than I can count.  I'm constantly engaging in thermostat battles with everyone.  So we're going to rule out hypothyroidism.  If that's what I have, it's an easy fix.  So we'll see.

Ah yes, one little tidbit about this baby.  Hyperactive.  Now that the movements have gotten stronger, I know for a fact that I started feeling her move at least by 15 1/2 weeks but maybe even a bit earlier than that.  And on Monday night, I already saw this baby move!  Saw it!  I wasn't even 18 weeks yet.  So this is a very active little one.  Should be interesting as she gets bigger and those movements become real kicks and punches.  I sense a complete lack of sleep in the future.

No comments: