Sunday, January 29, 2012

First OB appointment

Short story.  Baby's great.  Mommy...not so much!

I had my first appointment with the Nurse Practitioner on Friday.  Baby #4's heartbeat was just galloping away at 174bpm.  She was a tricky little thing to hunt down.  We found her for a couple of minutes, but she maintained enough of a distance so that the doppler wouldn't actually read how fast her heart was beating.  We could hear it, however the doppler just couldn't count it.  So the NP had me place my hands under my butt to try to tilt her closer.  Sure enough, that worked! 

As for me, well, the morning sickness decided it would make a late arrival compared to my last two pregnancies.  It hit with a vengeance about two weeks ago...right at about the time that it would normally start subsiding for me.  Ick.  Add to that, I was blasted with a nasty head cold a little shy of a week ago and I sometimes feel like a train wreck!!  Oh well, I'll deal.  Just hoping that within the next couple of weeks, the morning sickness will be gone, the cold should definitely be done, and I'll feel like a brand new person!!

No comments: