Saturday, October 8, 2011

Homecoming

We went to the University's Homecoming Parade today.  And I'm happy to say that this is the first parade that the girls have enjoyed!!  They used to get a little freaked out once the bands would come through and our parade experience would end before it really ever got started.  But they loved every minute of the parade today.  They actually liked the bands, they laughed at the guys riding in little go-karts, they waved at the Homecoming King and Queen, and they jumped at the chance to hoard as much candy as possible!

It was a beautiful fall day today.  I'm actually not even sure you can call it fall.  We had to break out the short sleeves again because temps have been in the 80's for the past week.  Just last week we were wearing pants, long sleeves and coats.  Unbelievable.




Hooray!!

It was another fun day with the girls.  But that by no means that Elli wasn't on our minds.  As we were loading the girls in the car, I must've had a somber expression on my face or something because Nate asked me what was wrong.  I lost it.  We went to the Homecoming Parade last year and Elli was just a wee little 3 week old.  I remember everyone taking a peak at her, marveling at how tiny she was, how cute she was, how she slept the entire time.  I remember getting the comments "you sure have your hands full" when people realized that we had twins who were just a week shy of 2 years and a 3 week old baby.  Last year's Homecoming Parade was the only parade Elli had ever been to.  So yeah, it hit me hard.

On a slightly funnier note.  I was informed by Miss Adalyn today that I am not a girl.  I am, in fact, an elephant.  Sheesh.  I know I've gained a few pounds in the past couple of weeks.  But man!!  When I tried to convince her that I am a girl, she was insistent that I am not.  I'm an elephant.  Thanks for the ego boost sweetheart!!

No comments: