Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Happy Birthday, Sweet Angel

Our lives were forever changed when Miss Elliana Jo entered this world at 7:25am on September 13, 2010.  I wish I had the words to describe the moment that I first laid my eyes on her.  I was captivated.  I experienced a love so deep.  Then she opened her eyes and looked into mine.  And I melted.  She was mine.  She will always be mine.  What an amazing, gorgeous, perfect baby girl.





Elli, you send me little signs that you're watching over us and I thank you for that.  Just yesterday, I went to the party store to buy you some balloons for your birthday.  After I purchased them, I realized that I bought 14 total and I thought "well, shoot, I should've just bought 13 since that's the day you were born."  Once I got home, I was unloading the balloons from the car and *pop* - we've now been left with 13.  You're always there.

Happy 1st Birthday to the sweetest, most beautiful Angel in Heaven.  Not an hour goes by in which I don't think of you.  But I imagine that you're singing and dancing with all of the other Angels.  We love you baby doll.  Happy Birthday.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet angel. It's obvious that she's looking out for you today and always. May those little signs continue to make you smile, even on the hardest of days. Happy Birthday Baby Elli!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. My heart aches for you. So glad that Elli is blessing you from above.

Cee said...

Jess,
Yesterday, at 7:26, my little niece was born. Exactly a minute after little Ellie would be a year old. Perhaps this means something, perhaps it doesn't, but I hope this means that my little niece has a very special angel watching over her now.
I can't tell you enough how sorry I am that you lost your little girl, I could not even begin to imagine how you feel right now, but I know that you're strong enough to get through it, and so is your family. You're surrounded by people that love and support you, and love Ellie too, and that is the absolute best thing that you can have in these hard times.
I don't know how you lost her, but she's not all lost. She's still there with you, still there laughing and singing and loving you. She was just too perfect to physically be there. Only angels can be perfect, and that's exactly what your beautiful Ellie is, an angel from heaven.

Anonymous said...

Dear Jess & Nate -- After several months 'away' I came back to your blog just yesterday, because I wanted to introduce my great-niece (who is 24 wks pregnant with twins :D)) to your wonderful TALE ... and of course I almost immediately discovered the very sad news of your darling little Elli's departure.

I am very sorry for you all, and of course I'm also wondering just what happened (not having seen any specifics on your blog). I did see your entries about her rather extreme nighttime fussiness and discomfort during her last couple of weeks ... perhaps that was the leading edge of what took her from you?

Perhaps you have decided it's all much too private and painful to say any more about Elli's last days in this quite public place ... or at least not yet.

Anyway, I thank you for retelling the story of her birth on her first birthday ... and sharing the story of the 14th balloon that popped on your way home from the store.

All of this is extremely hard for you, I'm sure ... yet I find myself so glad that you have such wonderful pictures and loving memories of Elli's so-short time with you all. May her unique spirit continue to bless you forever and ever (Amen).

-- Yours truly, Dot Shields

PS: When/if you choose to, I hope you will share something more here on the blog, especially about how Baby Elli's big sisters have been affected by losing her.