Friday, March 11, 2011

All about Elli


In just 2 days, my baby will be six months old.  I'm not exactly sure how that happened.  Six months.  For real?  She had her 6 month appointment today and she's a big, healthy baby!  She's 27 1/2 inches long (the 97th percentile) and 17lbs 9oz (the 80th percentile).  Holy moly!  To put that in perspective, Addi and Livi weighed 17lbs 8oz and 17lbs 10oz at their NINE month appt!  She split the difference between them...except a full three months early.  Yes, she's a big 'un.  However, if you compare her weight for length, she's actually in the 30th percentile, so she's technically kind of a skinny thing. 

Besides being about as big as a 9 month old (well, MY previous 9 month olds anyway...who were kinda little on the growth charts), she's meeting many of the milestones of a typical 9 month old.  In fact, Dr K and I were joking about whether or not we have her birthdate right!!  She looks like a 9 month old, she acts like a 9 month old - if it looks like a duck and acts like a duck, it's a duck, right?  Anyway, she did fanstastic with her shots.  I think she cried for all of about six seconds.  Just as long as it took for me to pick her up and say "shh, shh, shh."  Done.  And even a smile at herself in the mirror!!  Amazing.

Now, in order of occurrence.  She went swimming for the first time at the end of February.  But leave it to me (forgetful mommy) to leave her swimsuit at the house.  You see, we took Addi and Livi first and then brought them home for nap time.  So then we loaded up Elli.  And in the child switch, I forgot her swimsuit!  At least I had her swim diaper.  Yeah, so the poor thing had her first swimming experience wearing her onesie.  Oops.  She was rather indifferent to the whole swimming thing.  I thought for sure she would like it more.  But maybe she was just getting tired.



Other Elli news is that she's now officially a roller...from front to back as well as back to front.  She rolled from back to front on March 1.  But in true Elli fashion, it took us a week to get it on film (same thing happened with her first smiles).  She's a stinker that way!  I left the room to attend to the girls, came back, and she was on her belly!  So I got the video camera, flipped her over and filmed for 10 minutes.  Nothing.  I gave up, took the camera back and when I returned, she was on her belly again!!  Rinse and repeat for a week...then I finally caught her.

Last Elli news.  She has a tooth!!!  I'm excited but so sad at the same time.  She's growing up too fast.  I'm gonna miss my toothless, gummy grins.  Bummer.  But yay for teeth...I guess.  Oh yeah, but to go right along with my atypical children, she has actually slept *better* while cutting that tooth than she did before!  I remember back when Addi slept through the night for the first time when she was 7 months old, a couple days later, she cut a tooth!  Well, Elli is getting up twice a night right now, which is better than the 4 times she was before.  I should've known there was a tooth coming!!  Instead of becoming restless sleepers, my kids become great sleepers!!

And just because...

How sweet am I?

She loooves playing with her feet.


1 comment:

Cee said...

Wow! So big :)
She looks a lot like Alivia did when she was that age in the last pic!
I love your blog; I have twins the exact same age :)