Friday, February 11, 2011

Big changes

Sooooooo.....

A week from today, Elli will be starting daycare.  I'm not completely sure how I feel about that.  On one hand, I'm excited because I can stop worrying about lining up sitters or worrying about the weather that would prohibit my mom from getting here to watch her.  On the other hand, she's my baby!!  Of course I worry about whether she'll get the attention she needs and deserves. 

The big girls didn't start daycare until they were two years old because daycares don't tend to take kids less than two on a part time basis.  In fact, the daycare the girls are going to doesn't take infants less than 4 days per week.  Imagine our surprise when we asked them one day if they would take Elli just 2 days a week...and they agreed!!!  I had actually made Nate make the phone call because I "already knew" the answer!  So yeah, we were a little shocked.

In the long run, daycare will be good for her.  Hopefully we'll be able to avoid the problems the big girls had when they started daycare because she'll be acclimated to it really young.  It will just be another part of her routine, so she won't have the same level of separation anxiety that the girls did (they're getting much, much better though!).

I'm reeeaaallly nervous about how I'm going to get 3 kids up, dressed, fed, out the door and in the car by myself.  I know that eventually I'll develop a system, but those first few times are going to be rough.  I've already prepared my coworker for my late arrival!!  Haha.  She's well aware of the fact that I will more than likely not be on time!! 

No comments: