Sunday, January 9, 2011

We're still here

Just tired.  Sleep?  Yes, please.  I would definitely like some of that!

Sleep has been hard to come by in this house.  Bless little Miss Alivia.  She's been sleeping through the night without a problem.  Yes, she turns her music box on more times than I can count in the middle of the night, but she doesn't cry or demand to be taken out.

Miss Adalyn.  Yeah.  Ummm, can you say sleep regression?  She's been our terrible sleeper since day one.  But she eventually improved to where she was only waking up once a night.  However, she must've decided to revolt against the new year, because for four nights straight, she was up at least five times.  FIVE.  Apparently she thinks she's a newborn!  That's how many times Elli is getting up during the night!  Yup, she regressed too.  But I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.  She's still a baby.

So yeah.  With Addi getting up 5-6 times and Elli getting up 4-5 times, sleep is really only something I dream about.  But, but, but.  I am happy to say that Addi has actually slept through the night the last two nights in a row!!  The chick is crazy.  She goes from getting up once a night, which I can completely handle and have resigned myself to the fact that she'll probably do for a looong time...probably until she reaches high school when I'll struggle to drag her butt out of bed to get ready for school. 

Whoops.  Sorry, got side tracked.  So she goes from getting up once a night, to getting up five or greater times per night for four days (maybe it was five, it's easy to lose track), to sleeping straight through the night immediately after that.  I don't get it.  We'll see what tonight brings.  I'm optimistic that she'll do it again, but I'm not getting my hopes up.  Even if she gets up just one time, I'll be fine with that.  We're used to it.  We expect it.  She's up and back down in less than 5 minutes.  We can handle that.  Just pleeease don't be up more than that!

And Livi?  Kisses and hugs baby doll.  Thank you so much for sleeping through your sister's craziness.  I don't know how you do it...but your mommy loves you for it!

And Elli?  Please go back to the 3 wake ups a night.  This 4-5 times a night is kinda nuts.  I'm not asking you to sleep straight through.  Just a bit of improvement will make your mommy very happy!!

No comments: