Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday, Adalyn and Alivia!

I don't even have the words. Where have the last two years gone?! Just like last year, I sang Happy Birthday to the girls at 7:05 and 7:33 this morning. Oh, and I threw in a Happy 1 month Birthday song to Elli at 7:25 while I was at it!! The big girls actually weren't even awake yet, so I essentially sang it to myself. Elli was laying next to me, but she was still sleeping too. Yeah, I'm crazy. But I remember singing to the big girls last year at the time that they were born...so I figured I'd keep the very short tradition going!!

And of course, I cried. I really would've hated to see how much I would've cried if I was just one or two weeks post partum. I generally don't cry a lot. Never really have. But wow, the couple weeks after having a baby are rough! The simplest little things had me melting into a puddle of tears. So let's just be thankful that Elli was a month old today and most of those hormones have exited my body. Otherwise I'd probably still be crying!!

Because Elli is being baptized next month, we decided to do a joint Baptism and birthday party all at once so that our out of town family (which is everyone!) doesn't have to make the trip twice. Turns out that most of them made the trip anyway! Nate's mom, sister, and our niece came over the weekend. So we had a little party in honor of their birthday...complete with gift opening and yummy cupcakes. Then today my mom, dad, and both of my grandmas came to visit. We had another mini celebration with ice cream cups.  Enjoy the pictures.

Hmmm.  Interesting.

Would somebody PUH-LEASE help me get this thing started?!



Modeling their cheerleading outfits and pom-poms.


Adalyn had the right idea.

And did quite well!


Alivia HAD the right idea.

And then decided to say screw it...I'm drinking it!



They had their 2 year appointment yesterday.  It was far too traumatic to write about in their birthday blog.  So that's a different post for a different day.  Happy Birthday my sweet little "babies" - mommy loves you so much!!  Good night.

No comments: