Sunday, October 3, 2010

Elli vs Addi and Livi

So I know I mentioned before that there were striking similarities between Elli's birth and the girls' birth.  In fact, the similarities are actually kinda scary.

With the "big girls" I went into labor on a Sunday the 12th, during a Packer game, and they were born on Monday morning the 13th.  And with Elli (yep, you guessed it!), I went into labor on Sunday the 12th, during the Packer game, and she was born on Monday morning the 13th!  The girls were born at 7:05 and 7:33am.  Miss Elliana arrived right in the middle at 7:25am!!  How crazy is that?

Those were the biggest similarities.  But there were plenty of smaller similarities as well.

1) Both of the deliveries took place in room 348. 

2) When I was admitted in labor with the big girls, Tess and Lynsey had to stay late in order to "tag team" my admission.  When I was admitted in labor with Elli, the first person I saw when I got off the elevator was Tess.  And Lynsey ended up being my labor nurse!!

3) All of the girls scored a 9 and then a 10 on their Apgars.  And in both instances, the nurses said that they rarely give a score of a 10.  But all three of my girls were able to score tens!

4) Oh yes, I checked into the hospital between 10:30 and 11:00pm with both deliveries.

5) The day after the big girls were born, Nate's best friend, Bill, came to visit us.  And while he was there, the priest from our parish came to visit.  Well wouldn't ya know it - the day after Elli was born, our priest came to visit.  He wasn't in the room longer than 3 minutes and in walks Bill!!

I remember there being a couple other things that were the same as well.  But of course I can't remember them right now!  Oh well.

Elli's stretching out trying to be as big as the girls!

No comments: