Sunday, September 26, 2010

We're still here, I promise

We're still doing well.  The girls have adjusted quite nicely to having Elli around.  I'm hoping we might bypass any jealousy issues because the big girls are used to sharing time with us.  They've never had us all to themselves...all they've ever known is that there was another diaper to change, another mouth to feed, another child to play with, etc.  So hopefully they'll continue to be very understanding that Elli has needs that need to be met as well.

Today was my due date.  I can say with 100% certainty that the past two weeks flew by.  Now on the other hand, if I would've still been pregnant, they would've dragged by at snail's pace.  My back was quickly failing me and I had such a hard time even doing the simple things for the girls...changing their diapers, feeding them, etc.  Nevermind actually trying to play with them!  And I'm so incredibly glad that Elliana decided not to "bake" much longer.  They say that babies gain about 1/2 a pound a week in the last few weeks.  So if she had stayed put, she definitely would've been well over 9 pounds!  No thanks.

The big girls make me laugh so much.  They absolutely love watching themselves on video.  I think they would do it for hours if we let them!  Anytime I take out the video camera to catch them doing something or to videotape Elli, they have to immediately see what was filmed.  Then I have to go back to previous videos so that they can watch more.  And boy do they laugh!  It's honestly so cute!

Addi just got done giving me "the look"

Livi was running from daddy when it was time for a diaper change!

Elli doesn't exactly like to be burped.

Mommy spiked my hair after my bath!

Elli's foot next to Addi's.

And Elli's next to Livi's.
 

No comments: