Monday, September 20, 2010

Has it been a week already?!

At this pace, Elli is going to be as big as the girls in no time at all!  I can't believe my newest baby is a week old already.  I say "newest baby" because I have a hard time letting go of the fact that the older girls are no longer babies...they're toddlers.  They still seemed pretty small to me until I brought Elli home from the hospital.  All of a sudden, I realized just how BIG their hands and feet are.  They're definitely not babies anymore. 

Miss Elliana had her follow-up weight check today.  She gained 3 ounces in the last 3 days.  So she's back to 8 pounds even, which was the weight she was discharged from the hospital at.  The nurse said that she's still looking a bit yellow.  But since she's now gaining weight, they decided not to redraw her bilirubin levels.  And I was so thankful!  Who wants to see their newborn get poked in the heel with a needle?  I'm still waiting on some sun in this neck of the woods.  I think her jaundice would probably be gone by now if we hadn't had a week straight of clouds and rain.  All she needs is a little sun!!!

We go back to the doctor in 1 week for her first official well baby visit.

Sleeping in her carseat.  It's a safe place to put her so she doesn't get stepped on!

With Uncle Jason.

And with Aunt Chelsea.

What a precious little girl.  So peaceful.

Elli's first bath.  She wasn't exactly fond of it!

We got a brand new washer and dryer.  The girls like the box!

I'm realizing that it's much easier to take pictures of a sleeping newborn than two active toddlers!  I feel bad posting so many pictures of Elli and not a whole lot of Addi and Livi.  But if they would sit still for just two minutes, I could snap a few pictures of their lovely faces!  I simply don't have the energy to chase them down right now.  

No comments: