Saturday, August 7, 2010

Empty Nest

I've had the house to myself all weekend and I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it.  Nate took the girls to his parents' house yesterday, so today is my second night at home alone.  I've had to work all weekend, but when I come home at 5:30, there's no one here.  In ways, I'm enjoying it.  For example, yesterday I came home, laid down on the couch right away and fell asleep for about 20 minutes while watching the news.  But in other ways, this is too strange for me.  It's eerily quiet.  I find that I'm shutting the bathroom door behind me out of pure habit and I'm actually sitting on the couch right now blogging instead of at the table.  It's all just odd.

So yes, the rest and relaxation has been nice.  I'm definitely at the point in the pregnancy where I'm coming home from work pretty exhausted and being able to lie down on the couch without any toddlers jumping on me is great.  But I also miss my girls.  However, I'll be headed to work tomorrow morning and when I get home tomorrow night they'll be here waiting for me.  Then I'll probably wish I had just one more day to myself!!

I had another OB appt a few days ago.  Everything continues to look good.  I measured 33 weeks - which is great since I'm going to be exactly 33 weeks tomorrow.  The baby's heartrate was about 160bpm.  I saw the resident first and he thought that Baby J might be head down, which I was pretty excited about.  When Dr L came in, she wasn't entirely sure that the baby was head down.  She thought he might be, but she said she couldn't be positive.  And because the resident had already ventured a guess and because she wanted to confirm his assessment, she pulled the ultrasound machine in...sure enough, Baby J is indeed head down!  Yay!  So hopefully he stays that way now!!

My contractions have been picking up quite a bit lately.  In fact, one night within the past week I was contracting every 4 minutes for about 2-3 hours.  They ended up decreasing in frequency, so I tried not to worry about it too much.  I ran it past Dr L at my appt and she decided to check me really quick.  I'm about 1cm dilated, but she's not really concerned because she said it can be normal in women who've already had a baby.  So I'll just have my regularly scheduled appt in 2 weeks.  By then I'll be just shy of 35 weeks and winding down to the end!!!

No comments: