Friday, June 18, 2010

Hip-hip hooray!!

I had a fantastic OB appointment two days ago (yeah, I'm a little slow in writing about it...that's what happens when you have two toddlers).  As usual, I saw Dr L's nurse first.  She asked if it would be okay to see a med student before seeing Dr L.  I didn't mind, I saw plenty of them while I was pregnant with the girls.  So we talked for a bit about how I'm feeling, if the baby is active, if I have any major concerns or questions, etc.  Then he listened to the baby, the heartrate was in the 150's, and measured my belly which was again right on track at 26cm.

Then he went to get Dr L.  She came in with the ultrasound machine and measured the exit out.  Although it shortened almost a full centimeter from 4.4cm two weeks ago to 3.6cm this week, the funneling has completely disappeared...which is wonderful news!  We'll do another cervical length check in 3 weeks and if the number is favorable, she said I don't have to have any more.  I guess she's been addressing my "case" with Dr M who is a high risk doctor from my hometown (so they do phone consults).  I had no idea that I was high risk again this pregnancy.  I knew I was last time simply due to carrying twins.  But yeah, in addition to Dr L keeping an eye on me, Dr M has been getting routine updates as to how this pregnancy is progressing.  And today, I was given an A++ for my efforts.  However, I'll still have the same lifting restrictions for a while yet. 

Anyway, at my visit in three weeks, I'll also have the gestational diabetes test done.  I passed it with flying colors last time so I'm hoping the same holds true this time.

And just a couple bonus pictures...

Alivia's first ponytail/top knot courtesy of Aunt Chelsea

Adalyn had to make sure she was sufficiently prune-like before getting out of the pool.

No comments: