Friday, June 4, 2010

Another OB appt

I saw Dr L on Wednesday.  My blood pressure remains good.  I'm still measuring right on track at 24cm.  And the baby's heartrate was in the 140's.  Because of how I've been feeling lately, she decided to do a quick ultrasound in the office to take a peek at the "exit out."  I'm having some of the same feelings I did when Addi was head down and knocking on the door.  So of course that had me a bit worried.

Turns out that despite the contractions I'm having and the pressure I'm experiencing, the exit out is still looking really good.  However, there was one little concerning thing that she was able to identify on the ultrasound, so we'll be following up on that in 2 weeks.  For the curious, it's called funneling.  At this point, it's not terribly concerning but it's definitely something we'll be watching over the next couple of months.  Because of the funneling, Dr L told me that I'm no longer allowed to do any heavy lifting...that includes carrying both girls at the same time.  She doesn't even want me carrying one of them for any long length of time.  So that's going to be a bit of an adjustment.

I have another scheduled appt in 2 weeks.  It was originally going to be in 3 weeks, but Dr L is going to be on vacation that week.  And she agreed that given my history, she would like to see me sooner rather than later.  I was put on bedrest at 26 weeks plus a few days during my pregnancy with the girls and as we're quickly approaching that timeframe, I can feel my anxiety increasing.  So I'm glad she wants to start keeping a closer eye on me.

No comments: