Thursday, May 27, 2010

Stop and smell the roses






It was a rather big day today.  The girls survived their first day of day care!  We found a really nice lady who runs a day care out of her home and we'll be taking the girls there a handful of days a month.  I guess the girls did really well for their first day.  They actually took a nap...which I honestly thought would never happen.  Granted, the nap was only about 45 minutes long, but that's a whole lot better than I had feared!  They didn't eat terribly well.  However, they tend to eat one really good meal a day, usually lunch or supper.  Today it happened to be supper.  So I don't think it really had anything to do with being at day care. 

They weren't even really sad when I left.  Adalyn immediately went into the other room to play with the new toys.  Alivia was a bit more hesitant.  She clung tightly to me when we first arrived.  But by the time I left (about 20 minutes later) she was pretty content on exploring her new surroundings.  They're obviously not going full time, but it's just enough of a change to give them a little something new...new toys, new surroundings, new activities to engage in, new kids, etc.  So I think this is going to be a good thing.

Oh yes, and the expressions on their faces when I came to get them?  Priceless.  They melted my heart.

No comments: